The new ALPHA2 takes reliability in small domestic circulators to new heights. Even in systems where the operational environment is a challenge, the ALPHA2 will ensure long-lasting trouble-free operation with no risk of blockage. If you want to leave your customers with a completely trouble-free heating solution, the new ALPHA2 is a premium choice.
ALPHA2 is versatile and efficient whether you use one of its seven speed, pressure control settings, or simply leave it on the factory setting AUTOADAPT™.
The ECM motor design reduces energy consumption by 50%, and in AUTOADAPTmode, will automatically analyze the heating system, find the optimum setting, continue to adjust its operation to changes in demand, and reduce power consumption by up to 85%. This to ensure the lowest possible energy consumption without sacrificing comfort.
The Grundfos ALPHA2 circulator with AUTOADAPT are predicated on:
- 65-years of hydronic experience of how pumps work in countless applications and operating environments
- 15+ years of ECM motor experience in the market
- ALPHA2 materials and design resist blockage from magnetite and iron oxide particles found in closed hydronic systems.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Simple push button
- Control enables the ALPHA2 to be programmed in one of 3-constant speed,
- 3-constant pressure, or AUTOADAPT control modes. The current operating mode is always visible on the ALPHA2’s LED display
- The large LED display shows the current energy consumption in Watts and estimated flow in gallons per minute
- For installation, you have the flexibility to use either our unique ALPHA Plug with line cord or the ALPHA2 with terminal box for conduit connections
- ALPHA2 is complete with an integrated check-valve, foam insulation jacket, and nut captures for flanges.
- ALPHA2 comes in both cast iron and stainless steel models
- Robust startup enables the ALPHA2 to continuously attempt to restart – indefinitely – in blocked rotor conditions
- ALPHA2 can be used as a replacement for more than 30 competitor pump models
The GRUNDFOS ALPHA2 is suitable for:
- Systems with constant or varying flow
- One pipe systems
- Two pipe systems
- Domestic hot-water recirculation
- Systems where night setback is required.