Each panel is composed of a polyurethane insulation core with interior and exterior skins of oriented strand board. Panels are precisely custom-manufactured to drawings through a foam injection process in which the polyurethane bonds directly to the skins. They include preinstalled corners, door bucks, window bucks, subfacia and electrical conduit boxes. Pre-engineered header and beam pockets are molded into panels.
Wall: 4.5″ or 6.5″
OSB with options for plywood (note panel sizes are typically smaller with plywood)
Polyurethane, 2.2 lb. density, Class 1, closed-cell foam. Contains no formaldehyde or CFCs. Self-adhering polyurethane foam is injected between the skins to ensure a consistent, superior bond and structural integrity.
The foam exhibits these properties:
- Compressive Strength: 26 psi
- Tensile Strength: 18 psi
- Shear Strength/Modulus: 22/300 psi
- Porosity: 95%
- Does not promote the growth of mold.
- Serves as its own vapor barrier.
- Wall: R-28, R-40
- Roof: R-40
- Foam Fire Rating: Class I
- Flame Spread: 20 (ASTM E-84)
- Smoke Developed: 300 (ASTM E-84)
- Structural Integrity: Polyurethane foam is a thermoset plastic which does not melt and maintains structural integrity until consumed.